We believe the great minds in geoscience deserve a fresh start on being creative and resourceful. There is no doubt that between market conditions and the pandemic, we have had a challenging two years. It is time for something new and exciting. And that is why we are so pleased to invite you to IMAGE: The International Meeting for Applied Geoscience & Energy. IMAGE is the new annual meeting sponsored by three premier professional organizations: the American Association of Petroleum Geologists (AAPG), the Society of Exploration Geophysicists (SEG), and the Society for Sedimentary Geology (SEPM).
Three societies, two ways to attend (virtual and in person), and one powerhouse event. Are you ready to greatly expand your professional networking and personal learning/development? If so, join us in Denver 26 September–1 October. If you are not able to travel just yet, we will be making a robust — almost-like being- there — experience available to you online.
Our IMAGE committee is working hard to put together a stellar technical program to offer the ultimate learning and networking event for geoscience. Our partnership on this meeting is exactly what the industry needs. We are now able to provide MORE content, science, collaboration, connections, and impact. We’re bringing together the best-of-the-best scientists and industry superstars to share their knowledge and expertise with you. A few big names in the impressive lineup include:
- Pulitzer Prize winner, Daniel Yergin, Vice Chairman, IHS Markit
- Self-proclaimed Martian Geologist, Kirsten Siebach, Assistant Professor, Rice University
- Márcio Mello, President Brazil Petroleum Studies, Brazil
- Carlos Pascual, Senior Vice President, IHS Markit & former U.S. Ambassador to Mexico
- Hongbin Liu, Executive Vice President, Sinopec
- Zuhtu Batu, Senior Vice President, Turkish Petroleum
- Elizabeth Schwarze, Vice President Global Exploration, Chevron
- William Raatz, Worldwide Chief Geologist & Oxy Fellow
- Robert Fryklund, Chief Strategist Upstream, IHS Markit
- Gabor Tari, Group Chief Geologist, OMV Austria
- John Ardill, Vice President – Exploration & New Ventures Frontier, ExxonMobil Upstream Business Development
The technical program will feature more than 1200 presentations with over 200 sessions. We will have 14 postconvention workshops, nine short courses, five field trips, and countless networking opportunities. The exhibition floor will feature leading innovations for our industry with a tremendous amount of science on display. Whether you physically join us in Denver or you participate virtually, there will be plenty of opportunities to benefit from this historical event, and we hope to see you soon.