IMAGE COVID-19 Health and Safety Guidelines
The International Meeting for Applied Geoscience and Energy (IMAGE), the new joint conference and exhibition of the Society of Exploration Geophysicists (SEG) and the American Association of Petroleum Geologists (AAPG), is proceeding as scheduled 26 September to 1 October, in Denver and online.
While we continue to evaluate the effects of the Delta variant of the coronavirus and to closely monitor the information provided by the World Health Organization (WHO), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and state and local governments, we have been encouraged by the safe and successful in-person editions of the Unconventional Resources Technology Conference (URTeC), and the Offshore Technology Conference (OTC) recently completed in Houston.
Our priority is the health and well-being of our members, customers, and staff. Yes, there are many uncertainties, but if you’re able to attend IMAGE ’21 in Denver, please do so. Denver and the Colorado Convention Center are open for business and looking forward to welcoming our geosciences community.
If you’re unable to participate in-person, please register to join us online. In these difficult times it’s important to remain connected to your professional community. The more than 1,000 presenters and 150 exhibiting companies are looking forward to seeing you, and so are we. Your support is essential.
Here are our current safety protocols and what you can expect as an IMAGE ’21 attendee:
- The use of face masks while attending events in the Colorado Convention Center and area hotels will be strongly encouraged for all attendees, whether vaccinated or not.
- Masks will be available at registration at no cost.
- All participants will be asked to use social distancing and maintain recommended distances when interacting with others; seating in session rooms will be spaced accordingly.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be located throughout the facility.
- Surfaces will be frequently cleaned using products approved by the CDC.
- Medical services will be on call for any visitors feeling poorly or requiring medical attention.
The CDC and your local health authorities are the best resources for updates and answers to questions about COVID-19. Updates to our COVID-19 protocols will be made as new information becomes available. Our plan is to comply with all city, state, and federal laws and follow the guidance of health authorities.
We are proud of the resilience and professionalism of our members who have continued to donate their time and expertise to create a fantastic event in service of our missions. We are equally appreciative of the attendees, exhibiting companies and sponsors who have supported our online and hybrid events during these challenging times.
Please plan to join us in Denver or online for IMAGE ’21 and thank you for being a part of our geosciences community.
IMAGE 2021 Digital Online Platform
IMAGE 2021 attendees are welcomed and encouraged to login use the online digital platform to view all sessions, presentations, exhibitor/sponsor information, and to connect with your fellow colleagues and business relationships. Please note, your unique access link to the online digital platform will be emailed to you three days before the start of the event. You will need to retain this email to access the platform. Take time now to log in using your unique link to ensure you have no issues entering the event and to familiarize yourself with the platform features.
As an added benefit to IMAGE 2021, all content on the online digital platform will be accessible for 30 days after the event through 29 October 2021.
Connect with Exhibitors and Sponsors
Get in touch with exhibitors and sponsors to connect now.
- View company profiles
- Download brochures, videos, and files from exhibitors/sponsors
- Visit company webpages and social media accounts
- Live video chat with exhibitor and sponsor staff
- Schedule meetings and appointments with company representatives throughout the conference
Play Now – 6 Chances to Win
Attendees collect the codes and win big. By playing this Code Collection Game you’ll have the chance to win six $100 Amazon Gift Cards. We will have two gift card drawings each day of the event. Don’t miss this opportunity to grab these great prizes.
Here’s How to Play:
- Step 1: Log into the IMAGE Online Digital Platform
- Step 2: Navigate to the Lobby and look for Collect Codes and Win a Prize.
- Step 3: Start exploring to uncover the hidden codes. All the codes you’re looking for can be found in the Exhibitor Booths of the online platform.
- Step 4: Collect the codes and complete the submission form.
- Step 5: Submit your findings.
If you have any questions, concerns, or issues logging into the online digital platform, please contact: email@example.com.
Below are some images to help introduce the virtual platform, as IMAGE is still being developed these are from our recent URTeC event. IMAGE will have a similar look and feel.
When registered attendees enter the platform they land in the virtual lobby, from here they can select where they want to go by clicking on that door. When they enter the Exhibition Hall they can then click through the various pages of Exhibitors. I imagine we’ll have 5-6 pages of exhibitors listed in alphabetical order. Those that choose to upgrade to a premium booth will receive premium placement, located on the first page(s) in alphabetical order. All other components of the basic and premium booths are the same.
Part of the reason we selected this platform is because our exhibitors can see when someone enters their virtual booth and can engage with them directly. For this reason we encourage exhibitors to have someone “working” the virtual booth but it is not necessary.
Another benefit of this platform is they will connect with you directly to collect the content for your booth and they will build your virtual booth for you.
We will offer 3 (three) training sessions prior to the live event to help the exhibitors learn how they can engage with attendees and make changes to their booth after it’s been built. A few days after the event the platform will send you a spreadsheet which details the attendees that entered your booth with their name, email, position and company (if entered at registration), what they viewed and how much time they spent in your booth.
We will be offering a Code Collection game for $250. Participants will have a code hidden in your booth, attendees have to come to your booth, collect the code and submit with all the others to be entered for a drawing. We will have 2 drawings per day for a $100 Amazon gift card. On average more than 60% of attendees participate in the game.
Download the App
Download the InEvent App to view the IMAGE 2021 program data on your mobile device.
Follow These Steps:
- Download the 'InEvent App'
- Enter code 8648
- Enter Your Email Address used when registering for the event.
- Enter Your Customer ID as the password
- Note: Your Customer ID can be found under the bar code on your printed attendee badge or on your original registration confirmation email.